Credit Decisioning: Ways to Grow Your Loan Portfolio
In NCUA’s Guidance Letter 174, the directive is to diversify the loan portfolio to include both low risk and higher risk individuals, which helps to serve a broader spectrum of the CUs membership. The key, they state, is to develop parameters for lending that are appropriate for the CUs expertise and financial condition. In this webinar, we discuss cutting edge strategies to meet these regulatory expectations.
Included are the following:
- Creation of multi level decisioning tracts
- Development of varied limits based upon credit standing
- Use of cutting edge tools to help credit challenged individuals qualify for loans and improve their credit status.
- Thorough review of regulatory environment and requirements of non-prime lending
- Setting limits to guide non-prime lending activities
- Developing effective underwriting of 3/tier lending profiles that guide loan decisioning.
- Differentiate product offerings to meet various member credit conditions
- Discuss accounting strategies related to IRR management
Who Should Attend:
- Lending Officers
- Compliance Officers
- ALCO Committee Members
- Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Internal Auditors or others working in accounting roles at the CU
By purchasing this webinar, you are registering for this session. Additional registration information will be sent to you in a response from this commerce site that requires logging onto and signing in through a webex link. In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to three out of the four polling questions asked during the program. (Please note Webinar Event Time & Date).
Participants will earn 1.0 CPE credit
Field of Study: Finance
LIVE DATE: May 9, 2017 | 1:00pm MST
Prerequisites: Minimum 6 months experience in consumer lending.
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Refund and Cancellations: Requests for refunds must be received in writing within 7 days of initial purchase and will be subject to a cancellation fee. For more information regarding refund, complaint, and/or program cancellation policies please contact our offices at 406-315-2809.
VirtualCorps.com is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: http://www.nasbaregistry.org.
About the Presenter
Risk-based Lending / Credit Migration / Pricing
Randy’s background includes more than 10 years in banking, 15 years in higher education and 4 years in state and national government. He has held various positions in his banking career including branch manager, senior commercial loan officer, and Division Vice President. During his banking tenure he created a cutting edge methodology for pricing commercial loans. His research and teaching focused on the development of effective behavior change models.
We Also Recommend
Deposit Pricing & Budgeting: How to Plan in an Increasing Rate Environment
Establishing Limits in ALM & Understanding the Simulations: Creating Models to Improve Profitability